Hey guys! It´s time for some new goals and a quick review of last month´s goals.
1. Eat less processed foods- I didn´t do so well here. Lots of eating out, bbqs, and Pinkberry on hot summer days.
2. Blog more- I haven´t done well here either. I´ve been blogging about once a week due to my hectic schedule.
3. Follow my half marathon plan exactly- I´ve been doing really well at following my plan. There have been a couple of tweaks here and there due to running a last minute 5k race and some changes in days, but other than that I´ve been following it exactly.
4. Read a book- I haven´t finished but I´m reading The Firm by John Grisham. I´ve been watching the series and LOVE it. I can´t wait to finish the book.
1. Eat less processed foods- I´m still keeping this one.
2. Try a 5 day sugar detox- I´ll let you know when it will happen but I need to do it ASAP. More about it in the second part of this post.
3. Keep on following my half- marathon plan
4. Wean myself off of Starbucks- I still haven´t been able to break this bad habit (for my wallet and waistline). I´ve tried so many times and keep on failing. I´m off to Colombia tonight and there´s no Starbucks there, so at least I´ll be going 4 days without it!
Well, as for the “weighty” issue of this post (feel free to skip it), I stepped on a scale today and wasn´t at all happy with the results. I knew I had gained a little weight because my clothes fit differently, but I never knew it was this much. I´m about 5-6 pounds over my happy weight and don´t feel good with myself. I have a half marathon coming up and need and want to lose this weight (the healthy way obviously). I´ve decided to cut out sugar and processed foods from my diet starting Monday. I´ll be trying to eat healthier in Colombia, but being realistic, we´ll be having dinner parties, a wedding and lunch at my favorite place (wok) making it hard to eat healthy, home cooked meals. I´m not going to post my weight on the blog (I don´t want people to fall into comparison traps, each person is different), but will be making some updates about how I´m doing with the “extra” pounds every Thursday. So for today´s update I´m X + 6. (X being my happy weight and 6 being the pounds over that weight).
Update #1 on April 3rd: X+ 6
I would love to hear any tips/recommendations as to how you get back to your healthy weight after too many indulgences/dinner parties/ holidays, etc.
I´m off to catch my flight. Hope you have a great week!